mercredi, août 03, 2005

Lost in the 8O's

I stole the title from a blog I'm currently visiting, not only for the music but also for the writing. This guy sure can write funny posts and I appreciate that. Humour is something I wish I could master especially in English, but it's too damn difficult.

Lost in the eighties, this is how I feel today, since I discovered one of those Yahoo's online "radios", broadcasting nothing but eighties music. I was immediately sunk in a cold wave atmosphere, as if "Less than Zero" soundtrack was suddenly on air. The music was pregnant with meaning, even Erasure tunes talked to me! For the record, I had a similar experience, but this time I was on my own.

For the record I listened to Heaven 17's "Temptation", as I didn't know what they looked like, I'm posting a picture of them and Palmer's "Addicted to Love". I read in a blog somewhere how Roxette's "It must have been love", became the most relevant song in the world for one single moment, because it corresponded exactly to this guy's state of mind. I suppose it's the same for me and Palmer this morning.


Your lights are on, but you're not home
Your mind is not your own
Your heart sweats, your body shakes
Another kiss is what it takes
You can't sleep, you can't eat
There's no doubt, you're in deep
Your throat is tight, you can't breathe
Another kiss is all you need

Whoa, you like to think that you're immune to the stuff, oh yeah
It's closer to the truth to say you can't get enough
You know you're gonna have to face it, you're addicted to love

You see the signs, but you can't read
You're runnin' at a different speed
Your heart beats in double time
Another kiss and you'll be mine, a one track mind
You can't be saved
Oblivion is all you crave
If there's some left for you
You don't mind if you do

Whoa, you like to think that you're immune to the stuff, oh yeah
It's closer to the truth to say you can't get enough
You know you're gonna have to face it, you're addicted to love

2 commentaires:

Daniel Eizans a dit…

I'm a big fan of the 80s stuff too. Need to get around to posting more of that stuff.

ISARAIN a dit…

Grreat! Me likey!!!