jeudi, août 04, 2005

Veronica Veronese



I've been listening to my so-called 8O's Yahoo radio and I was delighted to hear Roxy Music "More than this" track. I've always liked Ferry and this tired elegance of his, as if he hadn't slept in days (which probably was the case, as he DOES look like a coke-addict to me) but still managed to go on stage just for our pleasure. I don't know how, but I remember the single cover, my parents must have bought it and this Rossetti's painting I'm posting today. Of course, I didn't know about Rossetti then, but I was stuck by this woman's attitude, frozen in some mysterious castle during the Renaissance. Looked as if she was taking some intense pleasure in playing her instument(-well, that sounds quite right, what kind of entertainment did you find at that time?). No,I'm kidding, she looks as tired as Ferry performing a song, she has the same droopy eyelids, I suppose she's trying to remember the last time she got laid. Later, I learned that Rossetti had been deeply influenced by Italian pai Inting, that he had been a member of the Pre-Raphaelite Brotherhood and that he always painted the same women on and on. I was told that the only interest in this painting was the green of the dress, hence the title. Furthermore, at the same time, impressionists invented modern painting while Rossetti and his ex-brothers were desperately clinging to the past.
Well, okay. But I loved this Veronica, so did the single cover's designers, I wished they had done the same on the Avalon cover, which really sucks. By the way, how come Avalon lyrics ARE NOT ABOUT Avalon, but some kind of bossanova? Unsolved mystery....
More about Dante Gabriel and the bossanova

3 commentaires:

ISARAIN a dit…

not an inch too long...perfection...no clue about the bossanova, either, huh?
Thanks again for the siren song I love it.

Daniel Eizans a dit…

Ohh I've got some covers for you of some 80s songs coming today.... glad to see you're posting in English every so often.

ISARAIN a dit…

It's hard but I'm working on it...