vendredi, octobre 07, 2005

desperate housewife


Her husband, he's off to work and the kids are off to school,
And there are, oh, so many ways for her to spend the day.
She could clean the house for hours or rearrange the flowers
Or run naked through the shady street screaming all the way.


The Ballad of Lucy Jordan


I saw the divine Marianne, live, yesterday night. I knew some of her classics like Lucy Jordan, Working Class Hero, Broken English etc...But I haven't listened to her latest album yet and I had no idea her performance would be that strong. Her voice is so particular and so...tense I think. She really has a theatrical quality that struck me from the beginning. I loved the PJ Harvey song "The mystery of love", so dark and lethal. Every word of working class hero was so pregnant with meaning. As tears go by gave me goose flesh and I broke down in tears on Niko's shoulder when she started the very first notes of Sister Morphine. The encore was on Broken English as she rose her hands on the chorus and I was hysterical. That woman really has guts, that's what I kept thinking and maybe this is how she manages to make each word sound just right.

I can't resist the pleasure of finishing with a Sister Morphine line. It used to be written on my diary's front page in high school.

Please, Sister Morphine, turn my nightmares into dreams.

2 commentaires:

Anonyme a dit…

Une vraie pythie en relation directe avec les Enfers. Une vraie Femme en route vers un peu de bonheur.

ISARAIN a dit…

C'est joliment dit...j'aimerais que l'on parle de moi comme çà...